We invite you to donate online to a targeted support project intended to help Ukrainian academic community.
“Vilnius University stands in solidarity with the people of Ukraine who currently face Russian aggression, and, as an act of support, is determined to speak out about violations of human rights, academic freedom and restrictions on higher education, as well as to publicly support the sovereignty of an independent Ukraine,” VU Rector Prof. Rimvydas Petrauskas said.
All the support for this targeted project will go to the intended purpose. We will help the Ukrainian academic community, which is suffering from the aggression of the Russian government, to continue its research activities in Lithuania and Ukraine. We will provide additional funding for the Grand Duchy of Lithuania Scholarship, thanks to which VU will be able to offer free studies and financial assistance to Ukrainian students.
Vilnius University maintains close ties with the following academic partners of independent Ukraine since 1993:
• Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
• Bukovinian State Medical University
• Sumy State University
• Oles Honchar Dnipropetrovsk National University
• Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
• Zaporozhye State Medical University
• Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University
• Kharkiv National Medical University
• Lviv Polytechnic National University
• Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University
• Uzhhorod National University
• Ukraine Poltava State Medical University
• Odessa State Environmental University
• Cherkasy State Technological University
• Kyiv Medical University
• Open International University of Human Development
Vilnius University, whose front wall was lit up with the colors of the Ukrainian flag on the evening of February 22nd, will continue to express its support for initiatives of the public, business and partners that promote democratic ideas and provide aid to Ukraine and its people.
Universities have a great responsibility to educate a new generation to think critically, love their country and be ready to defend it. During this time, solidarity among universities and a common tradition are what unites all those who hold dear the values of freedom and democracy.
You can also donate via bank transfer:
IBAN → LT23 7300 0101 7123 1608 (Swedbank)
Recipient → Paramos fondas Vilniaus universiteto fondas (company code 304222713)
This targeted support project is not a part of our endowment fund. The donations received will not be invested. All the support for this targeted project will go to the intended purpose.
Head of Communication and Marketing Department
+370 5 219 3012